Today: Finish Unit 9, Species Survival. Next week's class will be the last class for this year. There will be a conversation (#3) for 10 points next week. Please don't be late or oversleep for that class.
Session 1: Do p. 172, B; Watch this Youtube video about chameleons (It's very short, so do please watch it two times, once without the subtitles, and then once again with the English subtitles. The English subtitles are aut0-generated, so they are a bit strange, but mostly ok.)
Answer these questions:
- Scientists used to think that chameleons changed colour for a reason. What was that reason?
- However, scientists have discovered that chameleons change colour for a different reason. Why do they in fact change colour?
- What are chameleons mimicking when they are moving back and forth in a tree?
- What is the chameleon's tongue like?
- What percentage of chameleon species are threatened with extinction?
Session 2: Read p. 174, A; Do p. 175, B, questions 1 to 5. (This seems to be difficult every time, so we will cut it in half.)
Session 3: Do p. 175, B, questions 6 to 10
Finish. Next week, we will do p. 179, D, and then you can prepare your conversation. For the topic, your group can choose any topic from p. 175, C.