Today: Start Unit 9, Dynamic Earth.
Session 1: Check the vocabulary on p. 97. Do p. 98, A, B and C (for C #2, I think two answers are possible).
Session 2: Do p. 99, D (be careful of #4!); Read the corpus about 'Energy.' Answer E #3: If you're feeling tired, what do you do to boost your energy? (Do this for yourself; all your answers will be be different, of course.)
Session 3: Watch this video and answer the questions. Try it without the English subtitles one time. Then watch it with the English subtitles (closed captions) to check your answers. Avoid the Japanese subtitles.
- What are the most common solar cells made of?
- How many bonds are there between the atoms?
- How many different layers are there in the solar cell?
- What collects the mobile electrons?
- How long can solar cells last?
- How efficient are most commercial systems?
- How big is the Sahara Desert?
- How many people don't have access to a reliable electric grid?